Mekong Delta Tour 1 day
You will start your trip to Mekong from Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. One day is a short time to experience in Mekong Delta as we wish, but you may not have more than that duration in your holiday. We show you the typical day trip which base on each destination below:
1. Touristy My Tho is about 70km from Ho Chi Minh city, this is good for Vietnamese and asian travelers. The numerous activities are very well organizing and crowded interests as sampan boat, motorized boat, coconut candy, music show.
My Tho Backroads
2. Featured Floating Market in CaiBe is about 105km away from Ho Chi Minh city, which has the featured highlight of Mekong Delta & River – called floating market CaiBe. You will feel the truth Mekong River Life via the bustling market on the CaiBe river and their local handmade of Poprice, Rice Paper, Honey Bee and any fruit wine which become local hospitalities as well as their welcome drinks while visiting the hostess.
Boating Around Cai Be Floating Market
3. Quiet Ben Tre takes you 1,5 hours to get there by minivan and you will have the real quiet atmosphere at very rear or even no tourist in the middle of the coconut world. The best feelings are enjoyed is a zig-zag boat trip in the canal system.
Ben Tre with Locals.
Note: We are also having a join in small group cycling tour to Mekong 1 day and you can extend upto 2 days with homestay with guaranteed daily departure. For more details, kindly click on Mekong cycling 2 days with firstname.lastname@example.org of Cambodia Bike Tours.
- Full Support Minivan/Bus.
- Profesional Cycling Guide.
- Boat Trips & Ferries.
- Entrance Fees & Tickets.
- New Mt Bicycle, Helmet.
- Not Mentioned in Itinerary
- Travel Insurance.
- Personal Expenses.
- Airfare, Visa, Tips.
Option 1: Saigon Cycling to My Tho in A Day
Comfortable minivan transfers to The countryside of Long An for cycling 25km to My Tho and take a sight-seeing boat trip on the mighty Mekong River with those highlights: fruit orchards, local life & farming activities, beautiful boat trip along the Mekong River at the island of Unicorn, Phoenix and look over dragon & tortoise island to Coconut land with visiting coconut candy and taking a horse-cart to a local lunch. Afterward, you will take 2 boat trips to get back onland for a returning to Saigon. End of a Mekong Delta Day Trip !
Option 2: Expanding My Tho to Ben Tre 1 day
As cycling to My Tho, you will have a 25km biking distance, it sounds a bit easy for traveler's cyclists so that you can expand this tour to Mekong Delta 1 day up to 70km ?!
You will leave at any Saigon's hotel for Ben Tre downtown to be start biking around 9h30, Ben Tre is a no touristy area with the top most beautiful backroads' Mekong for cycling, it had the most much best choice and good feedbacks about the local life so that you will satisfy while expanding 35km in the morning to Rach Mieu and take a eco-tour by boating, riding on horse-cart to lunch, and continuing a big boat to cross the Coconut island which was a holy land of Coconut Monk before Vietnam War 1975.
Afterwards, you will be transferred to an antique pagoda which was built in 1849 for a short visiting and biking another loop more than 20km (base on group ability), you finally are taken back to Saigon before 17h30.
Option 3: Stunning & Boating CaiBe Floating Market
Driving you to CaiLay for biking 12km to Cai Be which is a famous place for 1 day trip to Mekong River which has a beautiful floating market. We wish to lead you to there and including the multiple activities such as biking on the off-roads, any single paths & foot paths in the middle of jack-fruit, durian, longan, etc... This is an excellent destination for your cultural experience at biking, floating market, pop-rice, coconut candy, boating for cycling across numerous islands with a traditional meal along the Mekong Riverside en route. And biking further to North-East Tan Phong island with 2 ferries before ending to transfer back to Saigon. You totally make a biking distance 25 ~ 55km today !